You only get one chance to link in your Instagram bio.
This is true! So, you definitely want to make sure that it counts.
But, what about making your own Instagram link page that is on your website/blog?
Didn’t think of it before? Neither did I.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click the link and/or make a purchase, I receive a commission. Don’t worry, this is at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! ♡
You may have seen other Instagram accounts using a special link tool in their Instagram bio. One link and you go to a special page with all the links you want to share with your followers/visitors.
What are some of these link tools?
There are multiple link tools available to use.
– Link In Profile
While these will definitely do the job, allowing you to show multiple links with one click, it isn’t directly taking visitors to your website. Sometimes, you even have to pay to use them as well (to add more links or customizations for example).
Basically, maybe visitors click your profile link, but there isn’t a guarantee that they will even make it to your website, and also, it’s giving another website traffic instead of your own.
What are the benefits of having my own Instagram link page?
1. All traffic goes directly to your website
2. You can customize it completely how you want it
3. Add as many or little links as you want
4. You have access to the traffic information
5. You can still send everyone to your bio link for whatever you are promoting
I created my own link page on this site and I’m so glad that I did! You can check it out here.
Here is how I did it (Hint: Its SIMPLE). Keep in mind that I use WordPress. 🙂
1. Go to your Pages tab and create a new page. I just named the page “Links” to keep it easy.
2. To make the links extra awesome, I used Canva to create the images for the links (similar to how some of the link tools look). I think it looks better than simple text. 🙂
You can be minimal like me and just use colors, or use a nice looking background, whatever you choose! Since it’s your page and links, it is all up to you.
3. Download the images from Canva (or whatever you used) and upload them to your links page.
4. Link each image to the page/account it is supposed to direct users to.
5. Perfect, publish, and you’re done!
You officially have your own Instagram link page that all of your Instagram traffic (or wherever you put it) will go to right away.
This landing page is all yours to be creative with, but remember to keep it visually pleasing, simple, and straightforward to keep visitors interested and wanting to click more!
P.S. Do you currently use a link tool or your own page? If you use a tool, would you consider switching?